Bellagio on Lake Como



August 26, 2007


Lake Como is a glacier lake, and there is something so magnificent to me about combinations of water and rock. It makes my soul instantly become peaceful yet contemplative. After a whirlwind of a week, where I was figuring out how to ride buses and trams and metros, it was nice to feel my soul settle and just breathe in the mountain air. We took a ferry to Bellagio and got the opportunity to weave our way through the small tourist town next to the lake. Standing on the ferry, I noticed a couple on a balcony of one of the hotels gazing out at their view, wrapped in each other’s arms. They stood there as long as I could see, not realizing that half of a ferry looked on in jealousy. I half wondered what their story was. I smirked at the thought of it. When love is so intense and so completely personal. But today would not be a day to worry about lost love, for love comes from many places, doesn’t it? For me, today, it would come in a great pesto pasta and red wine. Followed by more hazelnut gelato, which has surely become my favorite. I know, I know, I haven’t tried any others…but you know me. Once I find something I really like, “Why try something new!?” But I promise I shall! For, these years are all about becoming new and expanding my horizons, so, “Tiramisu gelato, here I come!!!!”

Comments

Popular Posts