American School of Milan



Photograph: My new room at ASM. It actually looks a lot better right this minute!

During, this orientation week I have found that my new school is full of talented and intellectual teachers that are directed by driven and passionate administrators, who team seamlessly to educate students from all over the world. As I unpack the boxes in my new classroom, my head whirls at the adventure I am about to partake in. I am in awe of the teacher I am replacing, seeing her work in front of me, makes me wonder, if I am ready to fill her shoes. Knowing I can never truly fill the shoes of the person who came before, just hoping that I can make a difference in my students’ lives here. I have such respect for Elizabeth, my new principal. What a balance she strikes of complete kind generosity, all the while, able to inspire me to become the teacher I yet have only dreamed of being. I hope I can be the teacher she wants me to be, for I could tell instantly, I agree with her educational philosophy and I am excited to be able to work under someone with such credentials.

Although, my first week in Milan, should have been all about preparation for the start of school, for there is tons of preparation needed, it wasn’t. The orientation committee was sure to schedule in lots of time for pure fun.

Comments

Popular Posts