Wein, Austria

Vienna, a three hour trip from Budapest.  You can purchase a round trip flexible ticket which includes access to public transportation in Vienna for essentially $30. An ideal place to visit for a couple of days.  With Amy's sister and her family in town for the week, we headed to Vienna for a couple of days.  I became instantly enthralled with the city.  Incredibly clean, it appeared there were always people working for that exact aim.  One to not overtly mind the dirt of say Italy or even now Hungary, I felt the politeness of Austria to be shockingly settling and enjoyed its sophisticated arrogance.  

I was excited to spend time among the art of Egon Schiele and Gustav Klimt and the exhibit in the Belvedere of Schiele's portraits, many of himself, did not disappoint.

Amy said, "I feel like I mourn every room I finish."  As if it would have been nice if it never ended.  Both of us pondering his life and choices moving from the wanton girl Wally to a more Bourgeoisie choice in Edith.  Both loves dying before him, the latter, the wife, succumbing to Spanish Influenza just three days before him and six months pregnant.

My favorite piece of the week, was Klimt's Beethoven Frieze in the Sucessionist Museum.


Comments

Popular Posts