Suit Shopping

June 5, 2010

Sometimes I look out at Milan and I think I am living in the 1950's.  As if my Grandmother's pictures of dinner parties and life suddenly are set into motion in color in front of my eyes.  Women who are far older than my mom wear fish net stockings and heels, pearls, wool skirts, furs.  They look beautiful and classic and I look on wistfully as the men they have chosen to spend their lives with are walking beside in matching trousers, button shirts, jackets.  Outfits donned only and especially for a sunday walk through a park.  I love that no matter how dressed up I am, I can never over do it here.  I can slip on a dress and  heels and walk out the door and no one will ask me what occasion it is for.  I will miss that.  A lot.

I will miss the business men in Italian suits. Though, I don't have a natural affinity for Italian men, Italian men know how to wear a suit.  So when Zach asked us out for lunch and a little shoe and suit shopping... We said yes!

Here is Zachariah in his new navy linen suit. Wondering about my posture?

Well...I thought I was coming down with osteoporosis when I saw my stooped reflection in a store window.  Even though Ames told me I looked a little ridiculous practicing a better pose, I didn't really believe her. Ha, ha, Ames, right once again.




ok, whoever decides such things, could you make the next man that I fall in love with wear these shoes!? okay thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts