Weekend...(my last one here)

June 12-13, 2010

Saturday:  After running into Paul Wicks we convinced him to join us (along with Didi) on the roof of Rinascente for a white wine lunch.



The U.S.A/England world cup match was happening later and we headed to Le Belle Alliance, a Belgian pub on the Naviglio to watch. Derrek intense and screaming with his kind, amiable eyes.  Me laughing realizing that I enjoy sporting events even if I know nothing about them.

"How often does the world cup happen?"

I am happy if I get food.  Le Belle makes a two cheeseburger plate for 11 euros!  What!? so nice.  Jenna yelling at the crazy, rude guy next to her as he was screaming any English word he knew, "Fuck, Go, Harry Potter!"

Shaking my head at 25 year old Luke as he taught us very seriously a "Drink While You Think"game.  Ending the night meeting Zach's cute Italian date and watching Derrek at a blinking kabob stand worshipping the sandwich that was in his hand.  Ames disowning compatriots when they were seen seeming a little too happy about England's goal.

"You are American right?"
"Yes."
"Then why are you cheering for England?"
"Well I have friends in England"
"Ummmmm.... (looking around in amazement) I have friends in New York, but you will never see me root for them.... red coat (mumbling under her breath)"

a perfect night.



Sunday was filled with lunch at Casa Lucia near the Wagner stop on the red line.  Sitting outside with Jenna and Amy, drinking Pino Grigio, and eating salads of melon and prosciutto, shrimp and bamboo shoots, and spaghetti alla vongole veraci, finishing with macchiati and Amaretto di Saronno con ghiacco, I found myself just breathing in happily as I spent the afternoon with my girls.  Since, stores aren't really open on Sundays we spent time at the corner market, lunch without drunk shopping after, come on!
Casa Lucia
2 Via Carlo Ravizza
20149 Milano, Italy
Tel. +39 02 4986691




The three of us headed to our place to watch "Leap Year" as I slept and Jenna cried.
"Is it bad that I would feel better if she didn't end up with the guy?"  She asked sincerely. I couldn't help but laugh and say, "Yes, that is bad."

We ended the night at the Teatro Odeon with Didi, watching Sex in the City in Italian.  Ha, ha, ha, soooo ridiculous! Well..... we really ended the night at the McDonalds at the Galleria eating cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets on the mosaic tiles of their "outside" tables,watching La Scala patrons walk home.  And even though my stomach hurt from all the kinds of food ingested and the liquids drunk, we managed to laugh hysterically when a very kind and very cute carabinieri stopped and asked me if I was okay, because I was dramatically holding my stomach.

Comments

Popular Posts