Romeo and Juliet Street Theater


Romeo: What shall I swear by?

Juliet: Do not swear at all;
          Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self,
          Which is the god of my idolatry,
          And I'll believe thee.




Benvolio:  I pray thee, good Mercutio, let’s retire: 
                The day is hot, the Capulets abroad,
                And if we meet, we shall not scape a brawl; 
                For now, these hot days, is the mad blood stirring.

Mercutio: Thou art like one of those fellows that when
                he enters the confines of a tavern claps me his sword 
                upon the table and says ‘God send me no need of thee!’ 
                and by the operation of the second cup draws it on the 
                drawer, when indeed there is no need.

Benvolio: Am I like such a fellow?


Capulet: Hang thee, young baggage! disobedient wretch!
              I tell thee what: get thee to church o' Thursday.
              or never after look me in the face:
              Speak not, reply not, do not answer me;
              My fingers itch.  Wife, we scarce thought us blest
              That God had lent us but this only one child;
              But now I see this one is one too much,
              And that we have a curse in having her.
              Out on her, hilding!

Comments

Popular Posts