Snow Day #2



Snow Day #2 consisted of a little city walking and shopping, followed by a little Italian cooking inspired by Giada (Yes, the american food network star). We made Orecchiette with mini turkey meatballs.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
orechiette pasta
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 tbs whole milk
1 tbs ketchup
1 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
8 ounces bocconcini (small mozzarella balls) halved
1 cup chopped fresh basil

Turkey balls: bread crumbs, eggs, milk, ketchup, 3/4 cup parmesan, salt, pepper (cook in skillet until browned)
Then add the chicken broth and tomatoes (boil and simmer)
Add cooked pasta, the rest of the parmesan and the bocconcini and basil...until warmed... then serve!

Annie and Molli came over and soon, we started making Origami boats, with hopes written in the folds. I plan to hang them, garland style, in my room. But, I might also just set them sail into the garbage!



Snow Day #3: Skiing in the Alps!!!!! Wish me luck! I am a little scared. I hear you can snowshoe too! That might be more my style! Again, we will see!

Comments

Molly is Fast said…
don't throw the boats away, i really love them. and the idea of writing hopes in there too

Popular Posts