Caroline's Birthday!


August 9, 2008

Caroline and I met for cappucinos and brioche in a small cafe between our new apartments. It was easy to enjoy the outside cafe and even more when the bill came, and we paid 6.50 Euro for four cappucinos and two brioche.



I spent the afternoon unpacking (which I think I finally finished) and then at 7, I headed to Caroline's new apartment to share a glass of wine, after which we headed to a Mexican restaurant to eat and celebrate her 30th birthday with Jenn, Fabio, Annie and Bret. It was fun to reconnect and even end our meal with a tequila shot, instead of grappa. After dinner, it was off to Pogue's Irish bar, Caroline's favorite. And instead of ending my evening with a 30 Euro cab ride home to Opera, I walked three minutes and I found myself walking through my courtyard, my feet not even hurting from the heels I hadn't worn in a month. YESSS, I think I am going to like it here... (singing the song from Annie)...No, not out loud, but in my head.

Comments

Molly is Fast said…
i love annie. it's one of my favorites :)

Popular Posts