I Might be an Arteest!


Photograph: An angel

February 22, 2008

I got home from Turkey and had the apartment to myself. I opened up the living room doors to the balcony, poured a glass of wine and started painting. My hair wild, my fingers covered in paint for days, I felt fabulous! Mike and Amy laughed at me as we wandered around the city the following day, with me bragging that I was an official arteeest. As you can see, I am FAR from it, but suffering from severe writer's block, I needed something to occupy my whirling brain.

Mike and Amy are both phenomenal artists, and there is something about artists that I just love. Mike is currently working on a piece titled, "The Italians" which is actually a herd of sheep. I am not sure that is a compliment to Italy, but I guess I won't judge. Amy has painted some pieces of the Brera, a section of the city that is quite quaint and beautiful.

When Jenn came home from Israel, she asked me where I bought my piece of art! So,I think it is only right to conclude, I might just be an arteeest! However, I probably shouldn't tell you that she also thought Amy had painted a Van Gogh that was hanging on her mirror.

Comments

Popular Posts