Morning Walk



September 7, 2007

Today, as I saw the sun rising over the horizon from my bedroom's balcony, I couldn't wait to walk to school. I was in disbelief that anyone would chose to ride in a car today. To me, a solitary walk sounded heavenly. There is something about the trail that makes me feel at home and there is something quite magical about the trail in the morning. Today, the rice fields were sedate as the Alps beckoned to me in the distance. It is always a special treat when Milan's smog clears and you can see the mountains. My ipod played and I just smiled at every biker, walker and driver I encountered. Italians who seem to hardly say hi to strangers, looked at me and grinned today. Or maybe I am beginning to see the subtle grins that I didn't see before.

Comments

Popular Posts