Home time....



I got home at 10:30 on Friday night and would only have until Sunday at noon before leaving for Greece. I came home to pizza from the pizza d'asporto place on Via Adige. Amy had texted and asked what kind I wanted.
"YESSSSSS! Proscuitto and Funghi!" I said.

When I walked through the door, I saw that she had also had hung my origami boats that I had made and of course had never hung. I couldn't help but tell her again that she was probably my soul mate, as I dropped my black and pink suitcase on the tile floor. Sometimes I can't help but state my love and devotion to her. It is a little ridiculous, so ridiculous, that we have been given the name Rebeccamy by many of our co-workers. Last year, Mike took me aside in his worried Rebecca look and whispered, "You know people are going to think you two are lesbians, if you aren't careful." I looked at him and said too loudly, I am sure, "God, I wish! I WISH I was attracted to her, because she IS perfect, seriously Mike, PERFECT!"

He just gave me that look. The 'Rebecca, you are being ridiculous look' and I looked at him right back with the 'being ridiculous is what I do best, so if you don't like it, you better be happy you don't have to be Amy look' in which he just smiled and shook his head. He has since stopped lecturing me and somehow Amy has sort of just accepted my devotional rants.

So, when she got me pizza and hung the boats, she had to be expecting me to be a little dramatic. I tell her it runs in the family. In fact, my Dad once said if my Mom isn't peeing her pants then she probably isn't all that excited. God, I wish I didn't have a peeing my pants story to tell! But, after the soulmate comment, she just looked at me, gave that soft, "I know honey" smile and said, "Welcome home!"



Amy and Mike's birthday celebration would be on Saturday night, so there wasn't much time to really lollygag, but I couldn't help but crawl into my bed and finish my book, "Skeletons at the Feast", a love in the time of war theme. Why do I torture myself? Amy started getting her new camera ready for our trip and wondered why I was being so quiet. I just laughed and said, "I am just really happy to be home!" (She really wants me to give credit to her for the pictures.... you of course know they are hers, they are good aren't they!?)

Comments

Molly is Fast said…
Amy wants credit for her picture? That doesn't sound like her!

I'm so happy you two found one another.
R Marjerrison said…
...comes this short little open-hearted Irish American chick who changed her address and crossed the sea looking for a story, trailing a long thin red string; tells a tale like grandpa, has more joy in her shorts than five of the rest of us/ Who could not listen to this stuff, throbbing as it does with eagerness for life?

Popular Posts